Receiving Windows 7 File In Use Errors or File Locked By Process Errors

For some reason I’ve been getting issues with applications trying to update themselves, file lock errors will occur. Today it started happening with Steam, it downloaded an update and tried to run but was unable to remove the Steam.exe file stating that it was in use.

I did a bit of googling and found that this may occur if the Application Experience service is disabled, of which it was. Once I set it to “Manual” and started the service, Steam could update correctly with any file lock errors.

As for how this was disabled, I have no idea but I believe it may have been an SSD guide or a guide on how to disable non-essential Windows 7 services.

0 Shares:
You May Also Like

Exim4 and PHP and PHP-CGI mail() function using incorrect From: and applying Sender: headers.

If you're using Exim4 and PHP as a module or as a CGI with suexec. You may have noticed some issues with your mail. Specifically you would have noticed that either the "From:" header was using "nobody@machinename" or "user@machine name, its also possibly that you had an additional header called "Sender:". There are two things you need to do to fix this. You first need to make sure that your "php.ini" has the following value "sendmail_path = /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i". Which is the default, double check this variable as it might be set to something else.

Mobile Chat iPhone Application Updates and News About Latest Release

I was just forwarded a link to the blog of Mobile Chat's company Twenty08's. You can view it here - twenty08. There is some interesting information that was just posted today. Information that a lot of people have been looking for over the last little while after purchasing the Mobile Chat iPhone Application on Apples Application Store. The two recent posts go in depth into some of the problems with the Mobile Chat Application on the iPhone, a new version being released and how they're trying to fix the problems everyone is experiencing.